Director of Human Resources and Administration
As a member of the Ukraine Country office Senior Management Team (SMT) the role holder shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the office.
The post holder will be accountable for the provision of effective HR and Administration services in both emergencies and development programming contexts. The post holder will be expected to ensure compliance with SCI global standards, policies and practices and play a key role in effectively supporting program implementation activities in line with the strategic plans.
Qualifications and experience
- Recommended at least ten years of progressively responsible experience managing human resources and other teams as well as overseeing admin functions. Experience in an international environment would be an advantage
- Experience of reviewing and drafting HR policies, procedures and guidelines and of developing and implementing systems (including IT systems)
- Experience of managing HR projects
- Awareness of good HR practice in relation to child safeguarding
- Recommended post graduate degree in an area of social development
- A general appreciation of the issues concerning the NGO sector, both development and humanitarian issues
- Good analytical skills. Effective negotiator, with the ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts; very strong capacity for attention to detail, problem solving, and analysis of trends
- Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children at all levels
- Resource management, training , capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams, in emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Contract length: 24 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Date advertised: 23 May 2023
Closing date: 7 Jun 2023 - 02:59 EEST
Location: Kyiv, Location
Department: Human Resources
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time