Nutrition Working Group Coordinator – NES Forum
Nutrition Working Group Coordinator
The role of the Nutrition Working Group Coordinator – NES Forum will ensure coherence
and consistency in the humanitarian nutrition response in North East Syria. This position will work
closely with key stakeholders, support nutrition partners on a daily basis, and represent nutrition actors
in the NES Forum. The main purposes of the role include:
· Liaise closely with all NES Nutrition stakeholders, especially the nutrition cluster lead based in
· Support partners to deliver quality nutrition services, identify gaps and avoid potential duplication.
· Ensure appropriate capacity and guidance is provided to the partners.
· Work with partners on platforms for information and experience sharing.
· Foster close collaboration with other sectors to facilitate multi-sectoral activities in the response
for better impact.
· Be accountable to the affected population through effective, transparent and inclusive consultative
and feedback mechanisms.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALFICATIONS
. Experience working in leadership and/or coordination rolls in the context of nutrition or health.
· Experience of representation and ability to represent Save the Children effectively in external
· Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience in advocacy.
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· A high level of written and spoken English.
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and
sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Demonstrates commitment to Humanitarian Principles
· Demonstrates commitment to Principles of Partnersh
Date advertised: 7 Aug 2019
Closing date: 20 Aug 2019 - 23:59 EEST
Location: Amuda, Syrian Arab Republic
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time