Human Resources Officer - Recruiter
The Recruiter will continuously partner with hiring managers to design, refine and implement innovative recruiting strategies while managing the full-cycle recruitment activities.
Level 2 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have occasional contact with or access to children or young people.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: HR Director
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Recruitment management and planning
- Put in place the recruitment strategy for Save the Children Lebanon Country Office and make sure it is aligned with the regional and global strategies.
- Consult with management to identify recruitment needs and develop effective recruitment plans.
- Explore the market best practices in the recruitment and staffing and implement appropriate best practices in the organization (surveys, etc.).
- Monitor and constantly participate to reducing the costs of the recruitment process.
- Monitor the labor legislation and implement required changes to keep the process compliant.
- Develop and update all Recruitment related processes including interviewing, testing, etc.
- Determine recruitment requirements by evaluating organizational development plans.
- Maintain effective relationships with social and professional networks to source qualified candidates.
- Review job descriptions, confirm recruitment channels, package pay and selection process.
- Carry out role grading and salary benchmarking using market data while maintaining internal equity.
- Ensure proper advertisement and selection of suitable candidates.
- Arrange for interviews and ensure interview grids are prepared by the recruitment panel.
- Conduct interviews for Assistant and Officer level and support in other interviews as needed.
- Conduct pre and post offer checks and confirm offer with selected candidate.
- Manage the onboarding process.
Safe recruitment minimum standards
- Incorporate Safer recruitment as part of Quality Framework Essential Standards.
- Ensure recruitment and selection process respect the minimum standards of safe recruitment of Save the Children International.
- Make sure all new recruits are aware of the Safeguarding Policies and the Code of Conduct at onboarding stage.
- Ensure all hiring managers are familiar with the recruitment process, are capacitated to manage it and implement good recruitment practices by delivering “hiring managers’ recruitment training”.
Hard to fill positions
- Support hiring managers in identifying hard-to-fill positions.
- Support developing a targeted recruitment strategy.
- Develop and implement innovative social recruiting strategy.
Data Management and reporting
- Maintain a database of candidate records, including active and passive prospects.
- Maintain an updated recruitment tracker and share with Senior Management team on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all job descriptions are updated by line managers and head of departments and are compliant with internal policies.
- Develop interview questions bank for each level and field of expertise.
- Measure recruitment effectiveness on a quarterly basis and share with Senior Management Team (time to fill, submit-to-interview ratio, number of interviews to offer, offer acceptance rate, source of hire, quality of hire, etc.).
Other HR support:
- Support HR team in the field offices and ensure full compliance with the recruitment process.
- Make use of all available policies, practices, checklists and guidelines.
- Ensure legal compliance and SCI minimum standards in all HR processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education and Experience
- Human Resources Management degree or Diploma / Certificate in HR or Personnel Management is preferred
- At least 4 years’ experience in Human resources with 2 years’ experience in recruitment in a humanitarian setting
- Preferably with experience in managing recruitments during emergency situations
Qualifications and skills
- Recruiting and interviewing skills
- Experience in using recruitment systems, preferably Taleo in addition to Skype, online meeting platform skills and Microsoft Office
- Supports workplace diversity
- Familiarity with relevant employment Law
- Professionalism, organization, and project management skills
- Attention to details and time management skills
- Effective communication and building relationships
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Problem solving and decision making: Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating information from within or outside the organisation
Applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; Promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization
Working effectively with others: Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; Knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working
Communicating with impact: Communicates clearly and confidentially with others to engage and influence, promotes dialogue; Ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust
Date advertised: 25 Mar 2020
Closing date: 15 Apr 2020 - 00:59 EEST
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Department: Human Resources
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time