Regional (European) Digital Hub Project Lead
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Regional (European) Digital Hub Project Lead in Europe (Homebased/Remote) in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide for Fixed Term (12 months).
Save the Children is in the middle of an ambitious 2022-24 strategic plan that looks to build a Movement of Millions to achieve our programmatic and advocacy goals. To do so, it has been recognised that a shift in our marketing strategy is required and the adoption of an integrated marketing approach has been identified as a ‘game changer’ that will help us achieve this vision.
Both raising funds and engaging with our supporters through campaigning in digital channels are key to delivering the strategy.
This role sits in the Global Digital Engagement Team, which is part of the Engagement department, and provides strategic support and specialist guidance to our 27+ Members, most of them in Asia, Oceania, Europe and the Americas. The team are responsible for Member (National Office) support, Global Campaigns Digital Assets Development, Remote digital fundraising program and promoting Digital Innovation.
This is a unique opportunity for a senior digital marketer with strong fundraising, project management, international practitioners’ community building and team management skills to join our organization.
This role will primarily be responsible for leading a pilot project to develop a future European Digital Hub that supports our European members in digital Paid Media, CRO and Marketing Automation. The goal of this project is accelerating our participating members’ growth in these areas by increasing digital donor and income volumes, maintaining or decreasing CPAs and increasing donor retention rates.
During 2024 the role will be supported by a specialist external agency, although the longer-term vision for this project is to develop a regional digital in-house team. There are four members (national offices) participating in the pilot phase in 2024.
This role will also support in the analysis, business case development and incubation of potential additional Regional Digital Hubs in collaboration with our existing Regional Offices.
The post holder will drive effective business collaboration with key stakeholder groups such as other units in the Global Digital Engagement Team, Global Fundraising Hub, Global Content, Integrated Marketing, Brand and Communications units, as well as Members and Regional Offices.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrable high-level knowledge and at least five years of experience designing and implementing digital fundraising programs in the non-profit sector
Proven success in delivering these programs with demonstrated financial results.
Understanding of full-funnel marketing strategy and measurement
- At least two years’ experience working in the international office of an INGO/UN Agency, supporting members (national offices)
- Experience leading a remote digital fundraising program
- Team leadership experience and demonstrable influencing and people management skills
- Fluent in English. Capacity to communicate with non-English native speakers. Additional language skills would be an asset
- Capacity to build and energise international virtual communities. Capacity to maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Proven project management skills delivering complex projects on time and on budget with a strong knowledge of all the financial aspects of digital fundraising/marketing
- Data-driven ethos with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt work plans flexibly depending on external opportunities.
- A willingness to travel to support members directly or to relevant events as required.
- Keep up to date with sector trends, digital marketing and creative best practices, and continually seek out opportunities to learn and develop.
- Experience working internationally in a strategic support role to a diverse range of local offices.
- Senior experience in the INGO sector.
- Strong personal, organisational and self-management skills; with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others.
- A self-starter using initiative to see opportunities to achieve objectives in this role.
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft products.
- Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with passion.
We can offer circa £61,000 per annum (If based in the UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National Terms & Conditions (including pay and benefits) will apply.
This role will be based in Europe (Homebased/Remote) in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location for the duration of the contract.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A full copy of the role profile can be found available for download at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.