Humanitarian Officer, Portfolio Management, OHT
Save the Children International has an exciting internal opportunity for you to join the Humanitarian Team in the Centre as the Humanitarian Officer, Portfolio Management, OHT. Open to internal Save the Children International employees, Save the Children member office employees and Alumni only.
The Humanitarian Strategy and Delivery team leads the development of Save the Children’s humanitarian strategy and vision, whilst ensuring a strong operating platform for our global capacity and capability, including ensuring the rapid deployment of high-quality surge capacity in support of Save the Children’s humanitarian responses.
Save the Children has reorganized our global humanitarian capacity and capability with the aim of increasing our alignment and improving how we function as One Humanitarian Team in order to deliver better for children affected by crisis, conflict and disaster. The reorganization has greatly increased the complexity of the centre humanitarian team’s funding portfolio and accelerated the need to diversify funding sources to ensure sufficient funding for critical global activities.
The Portfolio Management Officer performs an essential function by providing high-quality and comprehensive portfolio management and administrative support to the Centre Humanitarian Team whilst ensuring resources and risks are effectively managed.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience in supporting portfolio operations and financial management in an international NGO environment.
- A strong results orientation, and evidence of having operated successfully in a ‘matrix’ organisation.
- Sound judgement and an ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong coordination and time management skills. Ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, juggle competing priorities successfully, and work effectively and calmly under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach to problem solving working closely with senior colleagues as required and offering solutions as appropriate.
- Thorough – takes pride in delivering high quality work and gives a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, fluent in English.
- Knowledge of the global humanitarian environment/context, program priorities, and sector wide initiatives.
- Self- motivated and ability to work autonomously.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
We can offer the option of flexible working hours.
This role can be based in the UK (London or Remote) or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location for the duration of the contract.
National Terms & Conditions (including pay and benefits) will apply to the country you are based in.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A full copy of the role profile can be found available for download at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.