Food Security and Livelihoods Assistant
The post holder will ensure the establishment of FSL systems and that humanitarian needs (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) are identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. He/she will report and respond to interventions as determined by his/her position and responsibilities identified in SCI strategy.
The post holder will be responsible of the provision of daily and weekly reports. Moreover, he/ she will be responsible for Non Food Items, Food items and cash distribution. He/she will be responsible as well for outreach activities, assessments, verification and Post distribution monitoring.
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Food Security and Livelihoods Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Contribute to the registration and verification of beneficiaries by collecting appropriate data.
- Conduct trainings and sensitization and awareness sessions for beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Conduct household interviews and focus group discussions to collect information, as needed.
- Act as a liaison between communities and the Save the Children office; maintain good relationships with beneficiaries and local leaders/authorities; and report any identified issues to the FSL Officer.
- Act as the focal point for Cash for Work and/or Community Improvement activities in specific municipalities and Informal Settlements and ensure transparency and accountability from community and committee leaders: assist committees with the identification of community activities and the writing of proposals and budgets; conduct regular monitoring to ensure beneficiary participation and transparency.
- Participate in the distribution of beneficiary ID and ATM cards and in-kind items to pre-identified beneficiaries.
- Coordinates with Save the Children’s other sectors (education, child protection, health/nutrition and shelter) to ensure integrated and efficient programming, including ensuring the cross-referral of beneficiaries.
- Contribute to weekly and monthly planning and submit regular reports to Officer.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of activities by collecting appropriate data from selected beneficiaries, using pre-made questionnaires.
- Collect market data from local shops and suppliers.
- Conduct awareness sessions on Save the Children’s Feedback Mechanism System, and encourage its use.
- Contribute to data entry, as needed.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Economics, Finance, International Relations, Development studies or similar field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in development programs, preferably working in food security & livelihoods, and with experience with distributions
- Experience in field work , cash activities mainly
- Experience in conducting training and sensitization sessions for communities and beneficiaries
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Computer skills (especially Excel)
- Strength in interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours, and capability to work in insecure environment
- Available to travel in country
Recommended knowledge and experience:
- Cash and voucher programming
- Distribution activities
- Food Security & Livelihoods in emergencies
- Familiarity with refugee communities in country of operation
- Familiarity with the Bekaa region
Date advertised: 9 Feb 2021
Closing date: 27 Feb 2021 - 23:59 EET
Location: Zahle, Lebanon
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time