Advocacy, Campaigns, Communications & Media Director
As a member of the Türkiye Country Office’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication & Media Director. The director shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of all advocacy, communications, campaigns and media work for the Türkiye Country Office. The Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication & Media Director. in his/her capacity is responsible for managing our public and private facing advocacy, media, policy and communications work for Save the Children’s program in Türkiye.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Prior management experience working in emergency response contexts or fragile states.
- Significant prior experience working in advocacy on humanitarian issues, child rights, human rights, and/or development issues.
- Experience of influencing and advocacy work including lobbying, policy development and information provision in humanitarian issues.
- Experience in influencing government, donors, and other organisations
- Demonstrable creative ability in accessing new opportunities, expertise and ideas
- Demonstrable track record of leading change which has led to significant results for the organisation and their stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Strong research and policy development skills
- Experience of building networks, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organisation
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Knowledge of children's rights key international agreements and conventions
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Excellence in written and spoken English
- Proven skills in media work, including interviews on Radio and TV.
- Fluent in Turkish or Arabic.
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, while international applications are welcome, priority will be given to local applications.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 16 Mar 2023
Closing date: 1 Apr 2023 - 02:59 EEST
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Department: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time